Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Steamed Siakap

In an effort to eat healthy, decided to cook some steamed fish for the family today. Found a good recipe yesterday from where else, Mesra.net lah - the favorite site for all kinds of recipe since zaman RPI lagi hehe. This one is called 'Ikan Kukus Berperisa Taucu'.

I have heard of taucu before but I have no idea at all how it looks like. Rupanya taucu ialah kacang masin yg dijerukkan ooOOooo baru ku tahu. You can find it in the kicap/sos tiram area.

And hasilnyaaa...


Jika tuan2 dan puan2 ingin mencubanya, here's a little tip from me chewahhhh. Use juices squeezed from lemon instead of limau nipis/kasturi. Also, put slices of lemon on the fish before wrapping it with aluminium foil for steaming. It tastes sooooo much better hingga menjilat jari, I guarantee you beb!!!

I thought 2 ekor cukup for 6 people (and I did choose 2 biggest siakap they have), but turned out macam tak puas makan. Sekelip mata je dah habis hehe. Next time must buy AT LEAST three lah.

No comments: