Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

It's time to detox

Too much food last weekend. Sangat tidak sihat! But sometimes I'm torn between cravings and health awareness. Almost always, cravings trump health hehe. Ngangangaa...this is not good.

Saturday went to Mid Valley with HZ semata-mata to fulfill my craving for the best Assam Laksa of all time - the one in a little cafe in Jaya Jusco 3rd Floor. Forget Laksa Shack, forget Little Penang Cafe. This is waaaaay better dude!

The Best Assam Laksa Ever
I know it looks like typical Assam Laksa but nooo. Don't judge a book by it's cover beb. This one memang lain dari yg lain and yummy as ever - tak tipu! It's quite pedas for my standard but it's sooo good that all the sweats and 'hingus' are worth it. Okay, that's disgusting haha!

Since the cafe was getting crowded and Mid Valley was too noisy for our gossip session, we headed to The Curve to hang out. Lepak2, borak2, kumpat2, then went to Big Apple Donuts and Coffee to buy 'buah tangan' for FM since I was gonna overnight at her house that night. I've never tried Big Apple Donuts before coz I was sucked into the major publicity of J-CO Donuts sampai sanggup queue up for 45 minutes for their over-the-top donuts hehe. But this time decided to try Big Apple pulak
and I found that saya sangat terhibur dgn rupabentuk donut di Big Apple. Call me jakun or wutever, but take a look at this!

Isn't this cute and creepy at the same time? Hehe
I felt goosebumps as I saw this Duren Duren coz it's sooo freaky but cute as well! Mcm landak pon ade gak - like you'll see feet emerging out of nowhere and the donut starts to move urrgggkkkkkhh! I know I'm not gonna eat it coz I don't really like durian, but I bought a pack of 6-donut including this Duren Duren, solely because of its interesting presentation hehe. Plus, I know FM loves durian-flavored food. SRB, you're gonna love this as well! All in all, in terms of the taste, Big Apple Donuts = J-CO Donuts.

Food escapade continued with the lovely, good-old home-cooked dinner at FM's. Boleh buat menantu FM ni hikhikhik! Nothing beats a nice homemade meal and laughter with a close friend on a quiet Saturday night. Hmmm...okay, maybe there IS something else that can beat that, but I will not mention it here hahahahaha!


Remember, my last entry I told about my dad trying to lure me to stay in USJ with sambal udang? Turned out, it was not udang. It was actually lobster!!! Okay lobster is actually a giant udang so my dad can be excused for misleading me hehe. Apparently, my mom bought the lobsters from her trip to Sabah and would not cook them until we balik rumah.

The Tempting Lobster
So voila! There I was on Sunday, at home, at the dining table, waiting to terkam the lobster masak lemak cili api. Tasted like ketam masak lemak - which is my favourite, but this time without the struggle of korek isi and tension coz isi die turns out to be seciput jek hehe. So, HEAVEN! Speaking of eating lobster, teringat Red Lobster in Wolf Road *sigh*. The good old days...

Now you see how much I ate last weekend? With the acidic assam laksa, the fattening donut, masak lemak and all, I feel like it's time to detox my body. So my next mission is to drink this TruDtox thingy which I have been planning to try but somehow fail to do so (also known as laziness tahap naga).

An effort to be healthy - Herbal Tea
The website says that it can help our body to detoxify without creating bowel dependency a.k.a uncontrollable cirit-birit muahahaha! If you also control the kind of food you take, it can also help you lose weight. So maybe I'll try this and lose weight and by the time SRB gets back, tadaaaa!!! The new, slimmer me hahahaha...AS IF!!!

Wish me luck!


No comments: