Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Touched Down

Alhamdulillah, after a bit of a teary farewell at the airport, I'm now safe and sound in our new home in Old Town Island, Dubai. I'm not sure whether it's the jetlag or just me mourning the loss of an old, familiar life in M'sia, but for the past couple of days, I've been feeling a little sluggish and moody. It took 2 days for me to finish unpack (usually I'm done within 1-2 hours coz I'm a bit of a neat freak) and even a simple task like folding the laundry could leave me feeling tired for the rest of the day. I guess my body is still in the transition phase, getting used to the different air, weather, the new house, bed, shower and what not.


We already have the basic furniture in the house (thanks dear!) except for the dining set, which will be delivered next Tuesday. The cable TV, phone line and internet broadband just got in yesterday so we're now connected to the rest of the world. We don't have any pots or pans, plates or bowls, cups or mugs in the kitchen yet. As I said, I got tired easily lately so we haven't done any major shopping yet. So inilah masanye untuk mempraktikkan 'survivor' skill huyeahhh!

We made full use of the rice cooker - bolehlaa masak nasi lemak for breakfast, makan with mom's sambal ikan bilis and masak maggi hehe. We used the microwavable, take-out plastic containers as our rice plates and cereal bowls, and the free coffee thermos provided by ExxonMobil in the Welcome hamper as our mugs. So far, Alhamdulillah kenyang gaklah dok rumah =)

Hopefully by tonight we can get a rental car (Oh God, please don't make me cacat driving on the right-hand side of the road) to make it easier for us to move around and buy more stuff for our home. Dear, please register for driving class now!!!

2 comments:

Mummy Nadirah said...

Aku nak datang next year! Amin! Haha, selamber mahu hijack rumah tuan rumah x jemput pun! Keskes. Take care dearest!

SRS said...

Boleh boleh. Just inform the dates yah? Kang takot aku plak balik mesia time tu. Shah dah homesick gile ni hehe.

U take care too...