Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness

For the past few days, I've been going in and out of shopping malls and hypermarkets to get all the things we plan to bring over to Dubai via Exxon's free shipping services. The team in-charge of the shipment are coming over next Monday to do a survey on the items we wanna ship so that later they can bring the right stuff to properly pack them. It's gonna be a bit like that episode from Kimora Lee Simmons: Life in the Fab Lane show, when she was preparing to move to her new home in LA. The packaging pro came to house, she pointed to them things that needed to be packed, then the pros figured out how best to wrap and load them to the lorry with zero damage. (So please excuse me if I feel like Kimora Lee Simmons at the moment, living a life full of fabulosity hihi!)

Aaanyway, walking around the less crowded malls, taking my own sweet time deciding on things to buy, watching other women who, like me, were also shopping alone, I felt very...peaceful. Relieved. Felt like I could finally exhale after holding my breath for so long. Felt like time moved very slowly and I was okay with it. Memang bahagia lah! I didn't even feel offended when the waiter at Nando's said, "Ohh makan sorang2 je arini kak? Kawan takde?" when I asked for a table for 1. Maybe I'd feel differently when PMS'ing but hey, I'm trying to be positive here. So let's imagine a world that's full of rainbows and singing birds okay =p

Since I'm gonna have many more of these "alone time" later, it's important that I learn not to be easily depressed by these kinds of remarks (oh please help me God). And I guess the trick is to be happy just to have yourself as companion. To be content to just sit in a cosy cafe somewhere, alone, with a nice book to read and a delicious meal to enjoy.


I hope these feelings stay with me during the good and bad times ahead - Insya Allah, Amiiinnn...

No comments: