Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

This Is Where I Leave You


Sometimes, contentment is a matter of will. You have to look at what you have right in front of you, at what it could be, and stop measuring it against what you've lost. I know this to be wise and true, just as I know that pretty much no one can do it.

Judging a book by its cover can sometimes be potentially beneficial, you know. While walking around Borders looking for a new book to read, I stopped and picked this up mainly because I thought the cover looked cool and colorful (don't you think so too?). Plus, it's a story of someone who seemed to be going through a depressing phase of his life and I thought I could relate to him given the emotional state I was in at that time. And that's how I discovered this wonderful writer whom apparently, critics referred to as "The American Nick Hornby", which I soo agree lah. So naturally, I have to go and buy all his books now hehe.

2 comments:

awesome blossom said...

man, that quote is soooo trueeeee :(
(aku bakal baca, review, and curik quote ni nanti.. hohoh)

SRS said...

Kannn? Hope you'll like this book as well. Coz ade banyak benda lain gak dia tulis yg aku rasa sooo trueee...