Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You


I dunno why exactly I read this book since I already found The One. But I was kinda intrigued when a colleague told me how this book has helped her went through a 5-year-relationship breakup (yesss, the guy is an asshole!) and some of the excerpts she shared were actually kinda true facts about men.

I actually started to get all emotional (with a bit of swearing hehe) about men and their "brilliant crafts" on women when we're discussing this book. Oh well...I guess I've been hanging out with single women too much lately hehe (I feel you, girls. I was once there too).

Plus, there's a movie coming out which is based on this book and somehow I like reading books that I know will be turned into a movie hehe.

One of the writers of this non-fiction book (Greg Behrendt) is a consultant for Sex and the City and I LOVE him coz he's a straightforward, no-bullshit kinda guy and he's pretty funny! I also love that he's got a very conventional stand on relationships and marriages (for a mat salleh, I think that is very rare hehe). He truly believes that all us women are so great and fabulous in our own way that we deserve only the best in life.

I think all single women out there who just had a nasty breakup and feel like it's the end of the world should definitely have this book. It will change your outlook on love and self-worth, really. And to all women who are currently 'out in the field', in search for the love of their lives, should also have this book as a guidance to differetiate between The One and The Crappy One. As Greg would say, don't waste the pretty!

- He's just not that into you if he's not calling you. Men know how to use the phone. Don't you want the guy who'll forget about all the other things in his life before he forgets you?" -

- Sadly (and most embarrassingly), men would rather lose an arm out of a city bus window than tell you simply, "You're not the one." –

- To girls who tend to be attracted to bad boys, take it from a former bad boy: Bad boys are bad because they're troubled, as in having little self-respect, lots of pent-up anger, loads of self-loathing, complete lack of faith in any kind of loving relationship, but yes, with really cool clothes and often a great car. So beware. –

- There will never be a good time, financially to get married unless you're Shaq or Ray Romano. But somehow people manage. If your man is using money as an excuse not to marry you, it's your relationship that's insecure, not his bank account. -

- I believe in love the verb, not the noun. –

- You already have one asshole. You don't need another one. -

No comments: