Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What's the fuss?

Last night had dinner at Rasta which now has a new location - near the junction of Taman Tun and Penchala Link. Have to tell ya, since my first experience eating there (at the old location), I have not been a fan of this place. The food tak sedap okay? Tasteless, tasteless, tasteless. I don't understand why people keep on coming here. Honestly, I think this is one of those places where people like to lepak beramai-ramai all night long, ordering one food/drink after another, and later feel like they're among the 'cool people' who hang out at the most happening stall in town. Like, "Oh aku lepak Rasta aritu sampai pukol 2 pagi. Nampak Nora Danish, Erra Fazira gak kat situ aritu." Say it with me people...duuhhhhh! *banging head on the wall*

Some other examples of places like this are stalls in Hartamas and Bangsar area. Same concept: supposedly "happening" place, providing food with zero taste. Serious weyyy, maggie goreng die takde rase iskk! Kg. Baru on the other hand brings a different concept: a place with a view of KLCC, providing tasty, yummy food. (Okay, I admit...we've been to Hartamas for quite a number of times, but that was only because we're getting sick of Kg. Baru hehe).

Anyway, back to Rasta. The new place is bigger, cleaner, less stuffy with ample space for parking. But I think the gerai2 there are same old, same old.



We noticed that the order-pay system here is quite high-tech for gerai tapi. The waiter/waitress takes our order then key-in the order in a computer. To pay, we just go to the cashier counter and tell him/her our table number and *treeettt* goes our order (printed out) and total amount we have to pay. Canggih huh?


However, the biggest turn-off of this place was the 'burger ayam', which was very dry (they didn't put any sauce or mayo or anything on the konon2 homemade chicken patty) and cost freaking RM7. RM7 for satu burger biasa? I don't think sooo! Even in McD you'll get a burger, fries and a drink for RM7 okay? Maybe it's our fault for thinking that 'gourmet chicken burger' (as written in the menu) is the same as 'burger ayam', as in macam Ramly burger tu. Yeah wutever dude! Never again, really.


SRB got to experience all of this first-hand, then baru finally agrees with me when I say this place sucks. I hate to say I told you so dear, but I TOLD YOU SO muahahaha! Victory tastes oh-so-sweeet babyyy =p

Danggg...I'm such a bitter, vindictive bitch in this entry huh? Maybe it's the PMS talking hehe.


No comments: