Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Singapore Trip 2

Soo..my little tour of Singapore continued on Saturday. Was planning to start the day early but what to do, I am NOT a morning person. Woke up at 10am and started my journey (chewaahh...mcm Globe Trekker aa plak wakaka!) at around 11.30am. Took the MRT from Orchard Road and off I went to:

Vivo City
It's a big, big shopping mall (similar to our One Utama, but bigger) overlooking the sea. What I like about this place is the wide platform where you can enjoy a panaromic view of the harbour front and Sentosa Island. During the day, it's kinda empty and quiet. But at night, the place was filled with couples and families enjoying the warm, fresh breeze of the ocean. Nice place to relax and chill out with friends and families, definitely.


Chinatown
Chinatown here is more or else the same as other Chinatowns I've been to but I love the long stretched market stalls, which reminded me very much like the one in The Curve. Most items were sold in "3 items for $10" deals so tangan ni jadik mcm ringan jek nak amek semua hehe. Here, you can find silk cushion covers, tissue box covers, bags, crafts and home decor stuff from Vietnam, China, Indonesia, etc.


Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay
This place is also dubbed as 'The Durian' due to the "berduri" dome-shaped roof. We have our 'Jagung' (aka PETRONAS Twin Towers) and they have 'Durian'. Menarik huh? Hehehe. Also nearby were the famous Merlion Statue, Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay where you can see the skyline of the city.


By this time, seriously rasa dah nak pitam coz it was freaking hot. So balik to the hotel, bought Subway sandwich for my late lunch then back to the comfort of the king-sized bed and HBO hehe. That night, took SRB to have a quick dinner at one of the Vivo City's restaurants facing the sea. Nice!

So that's about it. I think it was time well-spent, with a lil bit of touring and lil bit of relaxing and self-pampering. Just the kind of break that I needed.

Till the next vacation~


No comments: