Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Driving Around Dubai


To prepare for the arrival of the girls next week, we spent last weekend driving around Dubai to familiarize ourselves with the roads here so we can show them around later. But to be honest, there's a 70% chance that we still gonna get lost nanti (sorry in advance babes) coz seriously, the signboards here memang agak fail. Plus there are still many constructions going on, so there are a lot of road diversions that I have yet to figure out.

I found driving here a bit intimidating coz most of the time you'd find yourself being honked by BMWs, Bentleys, Cadillacs, Hummers, etc for driving too slow, even when you're actually following the speed limit allowed. I mean, it's a parking lot okayyy, how fast do you expect me to go? Taulaa keta awak tu keta besar, doesn't mean you can be such a bully. I always thought the bigger the car, the more civilized the driver is. Coz if you make a lot of money that enables you to buy expensive cars, you must have a good head on your shoulder lah kan. But here, apparently not lah.

I've also been driving back and forth to IKEA and Home Centre last week to make sure the house is ready for our lovely guests. After doing some calculations, there'll be nights when we gonna have 7 guests sleeping over at one time, so me being me, I just have to make sure that I have enough food, entertainment, extra mattresses and blankets to make their stay here a comfortable one =)

Now, all that's left to do is find a comfortable pair of shoes for me to jalan2 in. Any excuse to go shopping beb hehehe...

3 comments:

Aida Bakar said...

aku lak pressure nak prepare the house.. hehehe...

SRS said...

Jangan pressure aida. Aku tak keje, so I have all the time in the world to mengemas. Don't worry...I'm sure your place is fine too =)

K said...

thanks a lot in advance Rina and Aida!! see u guys soon..