Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

The New Job



First day at the new job today fuuhhh! I'm sure you're wondering, "Apsal laa they buat 1st day on a Friday. Baik buat next Monday terus." But you know what, starting a new job on a Friday worked perfectly well for me coz at least I now have the weekend to absorb all information shoved to us during the induction and to get over the nervousness and awkwardness of being a newbie or as they call it there, a 'joiner'.

Coincidentally, the dept was also having its monthly meeting today so I ended up going home at around 8.15 PM. I must say I was not surprised and in fact was prepared for this hehe. I'm not gonna say too much now coz I don't wanna jinx anything, but as for the first impression - the place, the people, the environment; they were definitely giving off good vibes.

All in all, it was a bit overwhelming but exciting at the same time =). So I am hopeful for the future, Insya Allah, Aminnnn...

P/S: To answer one of the most popular follow-up questions from some of you upon knowing about my new job: No, I am no longer bonded with PETRONAS. I received the precious release letter in 2007, after about 2 years serving PETRONAS through iPerintis. God knows why I stayed for another 3 years before finally walking away hahah =p

4 comments:

Mazalina said...

Rina, how on earth u dapat the release letter? I pun nak gak!

SRS said...

I dunno. It just came in my mailbox. Somewhere along the line of due to good results or something, they turned the convertible loan to a full scholarship, lebih kurang macam tulaa. And stated that me and my guarantors' financial obligations to PETRONAS now dah selesai. Lega gileee baca that sentence =)

Hadi Joey said...

Don't care about your release letter.. Just wanna know whether ada kerja kosong tak @ your new office?

SRS said...

Akan ada vacancy once aku resign and chow to Dubai lah nanti hehehe