Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random Ramblings

Went to Dubai's old souks last weekend to look for mint tea (SRB likes everything 'mint' nowadays since falling in love with mint lemonade) and to practice the jalan2 route to bring our moms later. Oh, have I told you? My mom and his mom + auntie + brother are coming over next week. Yup, our moms will be sleeping in the guest bedroom together. How weird is that? Never thought that THAT would ever happen hahah!


So anyway, since the souks are famous tourist spots, it's normal to hear pakcik2 peniaga sekalian speak in various foreign languages, including our very own Bahasa Malaysia (Mari masuk! Murah murah! Malaysia boleh!), to attract tourists to check out their shops. But last week, this one Indian pakcik in Spice Souk, upon seeing us, started to recite the name of Malaysia's Prime Ministers; mahathirmohamadabdullahbadawinajibtunabdulrazak, real fast. And when he's finished, he stood there looking at us, smiling proudly, like a child seeking reward, a candy or something, for his extraordinary achievement. How odd.


In an effort to lose some weight before our moms arrived, I started to go to the gym. It's free, it's nearby, so why not kan? Whenever I'm there, there's also this Chinese makcik (and I seriously meant makcik yg agak tua, maybe 50+, a bit wrinkly and all that) sweating her ass off. And dude, she seriously makes me feel like I'm such a loser fat hippo! The whole time that I was there doing my definition of konon2 workout, which includes jog + walk on the threadmill, stop to drink water & watch MTV video clips, continue with cycling, stop to drink more water & watch more MTV video clips, then finally stretch down, the whole time I was doing all that, she was steadily running (not jogging, but actual running) on the threadmill, non-stop. She didn't even stop to drink, blink or catch her breath. And she's as old as my mom. There were many times when I felt like shaking her, screaming, "Stop, you crazy old lady! Just stop!!!". Talk about tak tahan peer pressure hehe.

New discovery - it takes a total of 5 hours to sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub and polish every floor, every bathroom and every polish-able surface and item in the house. Now everything in my body aches, even in places I never thought could ache - or are those actually muscles I never knew I had? Ahahaha AS IF!

No comments: