Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

At the Top

By now, you're probably tired of seeing my pictures of Burj Khalifa already - what to do, that man-made giant never fails to amaze me everytime I pass by it. So as a change of scenery, now I'm gonna show you pictures taken from Burj Khalifa plak hehe.


Burj Khalifa's observation deck is located on the 124th floor, called 'At the Top'. Well, not literally at the top as in the peak of the building laa coz technically, it has a total of 160 habitable floors. But it's still the highest floor I've ever been on in a building.

See that centre of the ring? That's where the observation deck is.

Unlike PETRONAS Twin Towers back home, entrance to Burj Khalifa's observation deck is not free. In fact, it's bloody expensive - you have to pay 100 dirhams to view the earth from the world's tallest building. But, just for the experience, why not kan?


The smooth elevator ride up took a total of 60 seconds only; the high-speed elevator travelled at about 10 metres per second, quite amazing I'd say. Rasa macam naik elevator ke tingkat 10 je, sekali keluar2 je, voilĂ ...you're on the 124th floor already.


The wooden, open-air terrace they have up there made me feel a bit gayat at first, but once I saw the view, the gayat-ness disappeared. Loook loook, that's our house there! =p


The city

The desert


The 'world map' islands

The posers thehehehe


Last but not least, menggedik with Pak Arab =p


No comments: