Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Office Cleaning

Last weekend was a pretty productive one for us as we managed to spend some quality time berbuka puasa with the extended family, do a bit of pre-Dubai shopping (OMG he's leaving this Saturday!) and most important, perform the long-overdue cleaning spree in SRB's office which looked like an abandoned shipwreck, no offense ye dear hehe.


But seriously, I was just afraid that I'd find some big fat rats happily making themselves at home somewhere in there. He was supposed to tidy up the room weeks before leaving but the pakcik was super busy that I had no choice but to intervene. "What would I do without you babe", he said hehehe. Yup, what indeed =p

Halfway through the cleaning, SRB had to join an urgent telecon and didn't return until 2 hours later - sabar jelaaa okkk. I in the meantime, have managed to kemas, then got tired (maklumlaa puasa hihi) so lepak jap baca buku citer, then ngantok so I slept on the desk, then bangun sambung kemas balik. Ni sapa the actual tuan punya ofis ni?


At the end of the day, the place looked pretty decent except for the stack of papers which are "required" to be lying around on the desk, according to him. Pape jelaa dear, asalkan bahagia. Now, I know all these details bout me tidying up his office might sound pretty lame and trivial, but I just thought of writing it down so I can be reminded later of how simple things used to be before all these mega changes in our lives, before the 1001 of things to worry.

Many of you have asked me how I feel about his impending departure, leaving me here all alone to fend for myself temporarily sob..sob..sob..chewah emo giler hehe. I couldn't really put my feelings about the happenings in my life lately into words, but I think the writer Matt Dunn kinda nailed it perfectly for me:

"It's a very good question; how am I feeling? Numb, certainly, a bit like that soldier in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan who's lost his arm but walks around looking for it as though nothing's wrong, as if he's refused to admit to himself what's just happened, and so doesn't feel any pain. Though the trouble with that is eventually, when the shock and denial wear off, he will."

3 comments:

awesome blossom said...

aku rasa sweet giler entry ni, huhu. even menial task, like cleaning his office, can make me go awwwww, because it was done with luurrvvveeee.. i want to clean someone's office too! (but not as janitor aaa, hahahah.)

aida bakar said...

meh la fatma, aku kemas ofis kau.... heheh

SRS said...

Thanks babe! I'm glad that you share my sentiment. Sometimes it's the little and silly things that count =D