Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Long-distance Apartment Hunting

This year, it seems like I have been and will be experiencing a lot of 'firsts' - first time resigning from a job, getting a new job at a renowned company (maklumlah jakun, coz previous company was not that well-known hehehe), migrating to another country, possibly not celebrating raya di kampung halaman ever since we got married and the most exciting and challenging part so far: long-distance apartment hunting hehe.

Since SRB has only a month to look for an apartment in Dubai before Marri
ott kicks him out, he has started the hunt first without me. So here's the plan; he'd go to all the viewings, take pictures, email them to me for my virtual-assessment, then schedule for con-calls to discuss the findings. We'd select (or should I say I'd select hehehe) the ones that look promising based on the pictures and later when I join him there, we'd just re-view the shortlisted units.

Here's the exciting part - I can't believe that we actually have a chance to li
ve in The Palm!!!


The famous palm-shaped island that has many A-list celebrities as home owners, from Hollywood movie stars to sports superstars
(whether they actually live there or not is besides the point laa kan =p). Okayyy that's it, I am sooo gonna change my profession to a fulltime jakun stalker later hahah!!!

And another interesting fact - the agent hired by Exxon to assist SRB with the apartment-searching is the very same agent who helped the gorgeous David Beckham rent out
his also gorgeous villa in The Palm! The agent mentioned that when Mr. Beckham himself came to the office to handover some documents, people in the office went totally crazy. Well, who wouldn't?!!! I am also going crazy right now just knowing that our agent has a connection with THE David Beckham woohoo!!! So it's like I am separated from David Beckham by what, 2-3 degrees? You know, based on that six degrees of separation theory? Now, how mind-blowing (and at the same time perasan) is THAT??? Wakakakaka!!!

Okay, now back to earth, back to reality...the home hunting. I know this is
kinda fast considering SRB has just started the viewing process today, but out of the 6 different units, I think I might have fallen in love with 1 of them already hihi. I mean come on, it has a sea view and it's within walking distance to the beach - you know I am a sucker for white sandy beaches bebeh!!! Remember my dream of having a beach house?


So now I'm just praying that everything will go well, Insya Allah aminnn, so I can be maybe 10 steps closer to living the dream, if bukan beach house pun, dapat apt dekat dgn beach pun jadilaaa...

And not to forget, there's also the challenging part in this whole long-distance thingy. Do not think that it's all 'bed of roses' with 'a clear blue sky'. There were and will also be rain, thunderstorm and banjir kilat ape sume along the way. I mean, a lot of huge, significant decisions need to made and even though we might look like a young loving couple (chewahh declare/perasan sendiri di situ, but just bear with me, I have a point here hehe), we don't always agree on the same things and we definitely have different opinions and outlook on certain things. So there are bound to be defensive arguments, a lot of sulking, tensed silence, not to mention endless amount of eye-rolling too hehe.

I guess, at the end of the day, it's all about meeting up in the middle, no matter how much tears or blood you lost in order to reach there. A bit like that Black Eyed Peas song, "Can you meet me halfway? Right up the borderline? That's where I'm gonna wait for you. I'll be looking out night and day. Took my heart to the limit and this is where I stay". I think THAT'S what marriage is all about, no?

(Ok chop, how did I end up talking about the philosophy of marriage plak ni? Ish ish ish =p)

5 comments:

awesome blossom said...

okay, i am so going to visit you! hahaha.. (and i want to be picked up at the airport by a 7 series too!)

SRS said...

Yes yesss you must! Kalau bukan 7-series, paling kurang pun aku pick up kau dgn Camry laa (sebab cab kat sana pakai keta Camry hahaha!)

Hadi Joey said...

Can I rent your place and kick u guys out for a week or so - for my honeymoon :P.. Pacakage includes Beemer sekali? :)

SRS said...

Hahaha not a chance dude! Coz this is gonna be OUR honeymoon as well wakakaka =p

Hadi Joey said...

Jiwang lor Pn SRS :P