Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Overcome with Love

I was feeling a bit down and emotional about getting a year older for the past couple of days that I turned into this quiet, moody, unpredictable person at home (sorry babe). Somehow, somewhere, something's bothering me but I couldn't quite put my finger on just one thing. So naturally, I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread at the pit of my stomach and felt pretty lousy bout myself. Drama queen giler I knowwww, tapi memang emo gile beb tak tau apsal.

Celebration with dear SRB has been postponed to the upcoming weekend due to his work busy-ness (boohoo!), so I didn't have anything much planned except for a little birthday lunch with the girls at work. Went to the super cozy DELIcious at the Marc Residence, very laid-back and relaxing I likeee, so I started to feel much better already about this whole way-too-early-mid-life-crisis episode hehe. Plus I'm the youngest in the group, so memang nak kena tampo laa if komplen pasal terasa diri tua =p. But nevertheless, they assured me that it's normal to feel crappy about being in the late 20s - Goddd, it sounds AWFUL! - but 'this too shall pass' bebeh! Thanks babesss, I had a great time, you guys are awesome, good job for picking the nicest place, let's do it again soon!!!


After lunch, we walked back to the office, totally bloated and sleepy, then guess what I saw lying on my desk? A surprise rose bouquet from dearestest husbanddd OMG!!! Straightaway the perempuan-gedik mode was switched on, meloncat-loncat kegembiraan, couldn't stop shrieking, they had to yell at me to open the card NOWWW, then I had a sudden urge to laugh, cry, shout all at the same time, then they had to yell at me again to call SRB to say thanks NOWWW, oh my God memang kecoh gile and just when I was required to actually talk & say something, I was suddenly speechless. I literally went "Dearrr...ngehengehengehe I dunno what to sayyyy ngehengehengehe" memang cacat giler! I couldn't stop smiling, my tembam cheeks stretched out the to max. Then I just sat at my place, quietly, dreamily adoring my bouquet hihihi~


Now, some of you might think that "Alaa...normallah for a husband to send his wife flowers", but you don't know Mr. SRB that well so you wouldn't know that it's sooo not him to do something like this. He's more of the 'just tell me exactly what you wish for your birthday, in which color, which design, and I'll go get it for you, no problem' type of guy, y'know what I mean. Surprise2 ni is just not in his blood, which I can live with, for better or worse right. So THIS ladies and gentlemen, is indeed a very very rare hence precious moment that I shall cherish for the next at least 2 days by making stupid, disgusting, happy faces =D


For the bday dinner, Mom cooked some seafood olio (yesss peeps, my family has been swept by olio-mania since I re-introduced it to them a couple of weeks back. Dad loved it so much he requested mom to ask me for the recipe. Imagine that! The Iron Chef learning from the amateur chef muahaha saya sungguh berbanggaaa). SRB even said that he thought mom cooked it better than me cisss ini sudah lawan tokey ni =p! But in my defense, I'm now allergic to seafood so I can't put all kinds of udang+sotong+ketam, which actually makes everything tastes lebih lemak manis, in my olio like my mom did. Tapi sebab dah dapat bunga punya pasal, I terima jelaa whatever he said for now hehe.

So all in all, it turned out to be a pretty good day to turn a year older. And exactly as the card says; I AM overcome with LOVE =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

something is so wrong with me kot but i felt like crying after reading your post.haha.

emo bitch i am.nway glad it turned out well for u :)

happy belated bday babe

love&hugs baity

SRS said...

Awww don't cryyyy and thanks for the wish.

It's not just you, I too sometimes become an emotional bitch over silly stuff as well. Perhaps it's called...'getting older' muahahaha!

Jaja® said...

rina, happy belated birthday. i like this post :)hihi..

SRS said...

Tenkiu tenkiu =)