Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pulau Lagenda

By now, I think most of you already know that I LOVE being a beach bum during my spare time. But since it's monsoon season now in the east coast, obviously I couldn't spend my break 'tanning' myself at one of those pulau-pulau indah di Laut China Selatan. So, I settled for one of the islands in the west coast jelaa. Welcome to Pulau Langkawi: Pulau Lagenda chewahhh~

Since we're planning to drop by Sg. Petani for Pitis' wedding after the Langkawi trip, taking the plane was not an option. So we drove to Kuala Kedah, parked our car there and took the ferry to Langkawi. As it was also the school holiday, of course ramai orang, ferry penuh, kids everywhere.


It took almost 2 hours to reach the island. Sampai jetty, amek keta sewa then dear SRB drove us to Awana Porto Malai dengan sangat rempitnya, adoiii pening gue. He said - dapat kereta rempit, so bawak pun kena macam rempit laa hahah!

I love our hotel - the sea-view balcony, the boardwalk, the nearby jetty (which made me feel like we're in Miami bebehhh hihi).


BUT the breakfast buffet, memang fail. They didn't even serve hash brown, supposedly makanan wajib di setiap breakfast buffet ok, cisss! And I thought Awana is supposed to be a 4-star hotel?

We signed up for a snorkling trip at Pulau Payar Marine Park, which was another 1-and-a-half-hour ferry ride away. This time we're allowed to get some fresh air and enjoy the view from the top of the boat.


Long story short, we reached Pulau Payar but had to turn back due to the rough sea - snorkling trip's cancelled kids! They gave us full refunds but people were still angry for the waste of time. Like hellooo...haven't you heard of the weather forecast, Encik Organizer?

We malas nak emo sgt on our vacation, so we decided to just move on and drive up to Tanjung Rhu to find the perfect white sandy beach to lepak. Found a quiet one right next to Four Seasons Hotel. I straightaway dropped my bag, took out my towel, my book and voila! BAHAGIAAAA...


The rest of the trip was spent doing the usual tourist-y stuff:

Went for some massages.


Visited Makam Mahsuri. "Langkawi maju selepas 7 keturunan Mahsuri, adakah ianya suratan atau hanya satu kebetulan?" - said the voice from the museum video. Goosebump bebbb!


Drove around the island for more sight-seeing and photography sessions.


Then took the ferry back to Kuala Kedah (by this time I was already so sick of ferry rides. No more ferry for me, not for another 10 years lagi kot) and drove down to our next destination, Pulau Pinang: Pulau Mutiara.

To be continued...

No comments: