Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Real Life

After more than a month of togetherness, I'm now back to being a stay-at-home-alone wife, boo to the hooo! Dear SRB is now in Iraq and, according to his SMS, is currently walking around the desert, with some ex-British army as his bodyguards, trying to 'cari minyak' hehe. He has not been there for almost 2 months, ever since we got back from Istanbul - the longest he has gone without making his regular trip to Iraq. Which was totally awesome for me, but I guess not good for his 'hands-on experience' points and also our air miles collection =p.

Since I'm home-alone this week, I'm using this opportunity to do a bit of detox. (When dear SRB is not around, I don't usually do any fancy schmancy kind of cooking, as in lauk pauk, nasi, etc. Bak kata orang tua, dapur tu tak berapa nak berasap laa hehe.) My version of konon2 detox is eat less whites and more greens, reds and yellows chewahhh. So less rice, and more fruits and veggies. It's been a looong time (or is it more like, never? =p) since I eat only fruits for dinner. So far, so good. Tapi bila lapar giler tu, rasa macam setandan pisang pun boleh habis huhu! I dunno, I guess it's always easier to 'diet' when you don't have to cook for other people and actually sit down for a proper dinner, with homemade food terhidang in front of you. Yelaa, bila dah penat2 masak untuk husband baru balik keje, takkan lepas tu kita nak nganga makan buah je while dia sedap2 makan nasi, ayam masak merah? Uuuuu mungkin tidak beb! I am not THAT strong hehe.

On a completely unrelated note, my latest hobby nowadays is renting movies from iTunes. Yelah, sini takde kedai DVD murah maa. So, with $3.99 per movie for standard def. and $4.99 for HD, iTunes jelah the cheapest source I can get over here. Downloading movies from internet for free is out of the question because I just don't have the patience. When there's no good programs on TV, I'd rent a movie from iTunes, wait for about 15-30 minutes for the movie to finish download, hook the laptop to TV, then hoorayyy - movie night is all set baby!

And oh, it's been raining every night for 4 days straight over here. Siap kilat sabung menyabung. At first we thought it was someone's camera flash from the hotel across our house, rupanya kilat beb! It was my first time ever dengar guruh kat sini so masa tu memang jakun and homesick gilerrr. I stood by the sliding door for quite some time to watch and listen to the raindrops, huhu syahduuu! I've been told that usually it only rains like once or twice a year in Dubai. Tu pun hujan acah-acah je. But lately it's been raining real rain like in Malaysia and I so so love it! The news said this 'unpredictable weather' will last the whole week, so hopefully I'll be sleeping with the sound of rain, just like back home, every night, for the rest of the week.

I don't know why I write about these things. They are silly and trivial, I know. But I guess I'm just trying to include the ordinary, mundane things in life in this blog. There's this new illness/condition that doctors warn about, called 'Facebook Depression', where people get depressed because they thought other people are always having much more fun in life compared to them. (Facebook or no Facebook, we all feel that way sometimes, don't we?). Well, I'm here to tell you that I do lead a boring life sometimes and I believe, so does everyone else. There are days when you go out with friends, go skydiving, swim with the dolphins, travel around the world and what not, but there are also days when you just sit at home, do laundry, makan maggi and watch crappy TV shows.

I think it's called real life.

No comments: