Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Random Achievements

It's getting hotter and hotter everyday here, about 36-37 degree Celsius, which is beginning to make my usual 10-min walk to the nearby mall totally insufferable (hohoho someone sounds like a puteri lilin biatch =p). It feels like I'm walking in a hot, burning oven and it's not even summer yet huwaargghh!

Managed to randomly find 2 books with good reviews from Nick Hornby on the covers at Kinokuniya yesterday. I hope this means I'm getting back my 'book-selection' mojo. I used to have the ability to find good books (for my taste) by chance, but lately, almost all of the books I picked turned out to be rather disappointing and well, crap. (There's one where the whole book turned out to be the story of an imaginary friend's life. WHAT THEEE? Ngarut aah!)

Also, managed to, for the first time ever, successfully buat begedel from scratch, all by myself, to complement my soto yesterday. Maybe it's lame to most of you, but I still consider this my personal cooking achievement. I remember there's one time, it took 3 of us girls, each with a specific task, baru berjaya buat begedel ni; sorang gaul and buat bentuk bulat, sorang celup dalam telur and sorang lagi goreng hahah! Back at home when my mom made them, I was only involved in the buat-bentuk-bulat process and makan je hehe.

Tomorrow, I hope I can write here that I manage to go to the gym and do some exercise today. So I am heading upstairs now to change and hopefully I won't somehow end up being 'held captive' by my own bed, lured into some reading and eventually...an afternoon nap =p.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

macam kenal je 3 org girls tu. hahahahahha

K said...

itu saya K

Dy said...

Rina...aku pon tgh jadi stay at home wife n tell me about the need to be occupied...omg!

Tatau ko dah baca Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt....I loved it!Am reading the 2nd book 'Tis.

And yes, aku selalu bloghop utk tau khabar org/hilangkan bosan.I'll take up some of ur book suggestions nanti.Am going to library in a bit.Now dah start panas here in Ireland hence will try jog.Jadi surirumah adalah senang utk naik weight while my husband stays damn kurus even if dia makan mcm bapak gajah.I'm also trying to learn how to knit-may not be applicable to u.Am knitting a hat for him so wish me luck!

SRS said...

Yezzaa...itulah aku, kau and Naza aritu, Kirah hehehe. Dahlah goreng2 satu-satu plak tu =p

Yup, aku dah baca Angela Ashes and 'Tis tu, Dy. Teacher Man je belum lagi.

Aku - knitting? OMG mungkin tidaakk hohoho!