Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcoming 2011 with a Big Bang

I had the most amazing New Year's celebration the other day. Had to pinch myself so many times coz seriously, I couldn't believe I was there, couldn't believe that dear SRB and I would be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to experience all these, Alhamdulillah...

We got an invitation from dear SRB's colleague to a little New Year party at her place. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but considering 'her place' is in the world's tallest building, omg sgt excited and sgt jakun okkk, so yesss, of course we'd be more than happy to come to your party, Tammy!

It was our first time stepping into the Burj Khalifa Residence (At The Top is of course an entirely different experience). Thought the security was gonna be a bitch, but surprisingly we made it to the lobby and up to her apartment without any hassle. They didn't even call up the resident to confirm or check if the names on our IDs matched those in the guest list. Maybe coz we looked like nice people instead of some terrorists? Eheh...


Tammy's apartment is on the 26th floor of Burj Khalifa, with a view of the edge of the Dubai fountain and some constructions - tak taulaa ape lagi they wanna build around here. To me, it's a classy and elegent apartment (ke I was being biased? Because it's in Burj Khalifa, teros the apt nampak cam cun giler), with a minimalist concept and very color-coordinated; white and turqoise - memang lawa lah!


At a quarter before midnight, all of us went down to see the fireworks - the coolest and most awesome I have ever seen in my whole life. I mean, the fireworks exploded all over Burj Khalifa, it looked like they were set off from the building itself! How did they do it? Seriously, it was crazy and jaw-droppingly amazing! I was in awe the whole time, I couldn't close my mouth.


Once the show was over, the building was covered in smoke and sure enough, the alarm went off and we couldn't use the elevator to go back up to the apt. Well, at least we know that the fire alarm worked hehe.

So yeah, I had a great time welcoming 2011 and hope to continue having a great time in 2011, Insya Allah, Amiiinnn.

P/S: I now completely agree with Karl Pilkington about that hole and a palace philosophy - It's much better to look out of a hole at a palace, than live in a palace looking at a hole.


2 comments:

Hippie Dude said...

lama gila tak layan blog hopping... whats up rina!

SRS said...

Yo ipeng! I'm still here...dok umah goyang kaki hehe