Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day

Alhamdulillah...I am now safe and sound in Dubai Marriott, enjoying the 35th-floor view, huge space and nice furniture around me - how I wish that our home can be elegantly decorated like this hotel room.


The 6-hour flight was fine, except for some slight turbulence while crossing the Indian Ocean (the pilot used the term 'slight' but it was strong enough for me that it made me selawat non-stop for the rest of the journey and briefly thought of 'Lost', na'uzubillah!). Apparently SRB experienced the same thing the last time - I could see that he's a bit traumatized by it but just wouldn't admit it hehe.

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but besides excitement, I was feeling kinda nervous to see dear husband again. Kept thinking, what would be my first word, my first sentence (yeahhh I think too much sometimes). There's so much to say, so much to tell but just didn't know where to start. But now when I think of it, all I remember was having this big smile on my face upon seeing him at the exit door. Tiba2 teringat plak the first scene in 'Love Actually', the airport scene where the movie showed people greeting their loved ones at the waiting area and Hugh Grant said - whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrival gate of Heathrow Airport where it seems to me that love is everywhere.

We reached Marriott around 4am local time, just in time for sahur. Was soo touched that SRB bought roasted chicken and cooked white rice for our sahur (fyi, he never cook anything himself since we got married so yeah, this is something hehe), complemented with some sambal brought from back home. Simple and such a bujang meal but somehow it was the first time after a looong time that I actually enjoyed eating sahur, I guess by now you'd know why =p


After sahur, I immediately unpacked since there's a lot of food stuffed in my luggage and I didn't want my clothes to smell of sambal or tempe hehe. Plus, it's good to make the hotel room feel a bit more homey and 'Malaysian'. So now, we have most of the ingredients to cook normal Malay food yeayyy! We even have some kuih raya and kerepeks too =D


The rest of the happenings - to be continued later...


P/S: To a dear friend back home, do know that I'm here for you, praying that you'll recover from the heartache soon. A thousand big bear hugs from me to you, babe =)

No comments: