Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nemo Was Found

My whole body is still sore from the Pulau Besar trip adoiii. You'll know why as you read along.

We reached Mersing Jetty around 12.30pm after a 5-hour drive from USJ. Naik boat around 2pm and off we went to Pulau Besar. It was only a 20-minute boat ride and the boatman tu sempat jugaklah bercerita about the island. Apparently Pulau Besar has been the location for European version of 'Survivor' program called 'Expedition Robinson' for like 6 years in a row, including this year. So the whole island will be closed to public for 3 months, starting on April 2009. Luckily we sempat bervacation di situ before they start filming hehe.


Checked into D'Coconut Island Resort, just in time for lunch.


One priceless thing I found here is the beachfront hammock in a shabby little tree house where you can lay all day, reading, enjoying the ocean breeze. Memang every morning lepas breakfast, we lepak here until it's time for lunch hehe. Yup, life definitely moves slowly when you're on a vacation lalala~


Oh yeah, the snorkeling trip. I was kinda disappointed with the underwater scenery here (considering I was sooo jakun to put my waterproof casing into use ciss) coz no.1, the water was kinda murky and no.2 where were all my colorful fishiessss??? Ok I was excited to see a few nemo but other than that, mostly corals and sea urchins jek chettt.


The boatman took us to 2 nearby islands for snorkeling, Pulau Hujung and Pulau Tengah. Masa kat Pulau Hujung, the current was okaylah, not too strong. So we're free to roam around and did our own discovery. But in Pulau Tengah, bila tgh syok2 tengok nemo suddenly I heard SRB calling out my name asking me to go back to the boat. Rupanya most of us were pushed by the sudden strong current away from the boat uh-oh.

I tried not to panic and swam hurriedly to the boat coz I didn't want to be the last one to reach it hehe. But the current agak kuat jugaklah and we had to swim against it, so PENAT GILER tak tipu! Once I was close to one of the boatmen and saw that the boat was still quite far, I gave up and dgn tak malunye asked him "Pakcik, saye rase saye dah tak larat ni. Pakcik kena tarik saye ni." (Me and a girlfriend did this once while snorkeling in Sabah a while back hehe). So he did hehe. I swam passed SRB and he punyelaa heran camane wife aku bole swim laju gile ni hahaha. When he realized that I got a bit of a 'help', I told him no worries, the pakcik will pull you next babe haha!

So that's how this 'damsel in distress' picture came about hahaha!


Okay it sounds funny now, but it wasn't when it happened. Everybody memang tercungap2 beyond words. We even had to bring the boat to rescue a couple who went too fa
r away and just couldn't swim anymore. It's the first time this kind of thing happened to me throughout my whole snorkeling experience. But it's not gonna make me not want to snorkel again, no wayyy.

All in all, besides the snorkeling drama hahaks, it was a very relaxing weekend with the nature.


3 comments:

K said...

"Me and a girlfriend did this once in Sabah" ??? hahahahahhahh.. who can ever forget that? lol.. best siot vacation, aku call kau on Sunday nak ajak lepak minum petang but then baru teringat kau sedang bercuti2..

SRS said...

Hahaha tulah! Pakcik yang tarik kite tu lagi power sebab die tarik 2 org sekali kehkehkeh...

Ooo kau nak ajak minum ke. Aku ingat kau nak cakap pasal benda2 reunion hehe.

Wedding Lan kau gi? Lepas wedding tu kite bole lepak2 =)

K said...

nahh nothing about reunion.. only if ppl ask me about it personally lol.. aku limit kat batchmail je as much as possible hahahah..

yeah aku pi wedding Lan yg on the 21st tuh.. see u there then!