Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ramadhan Kali Ini

Organized a small makan2 at home last week sempena menyambut kehadiran Ramadhan chewahhh! With some help from Aida, who came for a visit that weekend, I made nasi ayam, mee bandung, pulut kuning and rendang for the main dish and bought some fruits for dessert. And our guests brought a chocolate cake and cocktail pudding to add to the dessert. All in all, memang malam yang mengenyangkan, Alhamdulillah.

It was my first time making pulut kuning, sangat jakun - usually I let my pulut retains its natural color je which is white hehe. Baru ku tau kuning tu comes from soaking it with air kunyit. As usual, selama ni memang tau makan je, tak pernah amek tau pun how the pulut turns yellow hihi!


(Asked dear SRB to take some pics of the food I made and this is what I got.
Food cover pun tak bukak. Adoi pakcik tu mmg dah hilang mojo amek gambar =p)



This year is gonna be my first Ramadhan as a full-time housewife. So waking up early to prepare sahur should not be a problem at all coz I can ganti tidur kejap di siang hari if I want to hehe. Since it's summer now, Subuh is as early as 4.20AM, so gotta start eating sahur around 3-ish AM pergh! Dahlah selalu tido pun usually close to 1AM, then about 2 hours later nak kena bangun balik huhu! Today, SRB got back a bit late from work and we didn't eat dinner until about 10PM. And in about 5 more hours, nak kena bangun and makan nasi again pehhh!

And oh, dear SRB is going to Iraq tomorrow (#@$%&!), so I'm gonna go through my first week of puasa here all alone. You hear that dear - ALL ALONE. Kasi dramatik sikit di situ =p. Of course I'm sad, but am not gonna dwell on it too much coz by now I'm already used to him not being around during certain important occasions, e.g. my birthday thehehe, and I have accepted that it's one of the sacrifices I have to make in this new life. Oh yeahhh, I'm a big girl now bebeh, very mature hahah!

So anyway, Selamat Berpuasa everyone dan semoga Ramadhan kali ini membawa lebih keberkatan, Insya Allah, Amiiiinnn...

No comments: