Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Around Town

So apparently there was a 5.2-magnitude earthquake in Marmara Sea last 2 days which caused some mild tremors in certain parts of Istanbul. I was reading on a sofa by the window in our hotel room when it happened - dear SRB went out for dinner with his colleagues. Felt the floor shook a bit for a few minutes but thought it was just the building's normal vibration, macam selalu rasa kat Suria KLCC tu, so I wasn't really worried about it. The next day, dear SRB told me about the earthquake and I thought, damnnn, wasn't it a bit dangerous to sit right by the window during an earthquake? Nasib baik gua tak tau that itu adalah gempa bumi masa tu, if not, adalah agak cuak di situ dude, urksss!

Dear SRB took my precious camera with him to his group dinner last night and came back without it. At first I thought he was joking and was waiting for him to say "Acah jeee!" like he always does. But when I realized he was serious, he actually left it somewhere, at the restaurant, in the taxi, he's not sure, I actually meraung satu bilik hotel hahah! A bit childish I know, but I love my camera and the thought of someone else (the one who bought it for me plak tu) hilangkan dia made me very sad. While pakcik tu panik, walking back and forth tak tentu arah, trying to find the restaurant's phone number etc, I sat quietly on the bed, contemplating whether to merajuk, marah or menangis - hahah drama kan? Turned out he left the camera at the restaurant and went there to get it back. Nasib baik jumpa balik, if not, D90 satu, no question asked okay, dear?

I went to Sultanahmet (where the main historical monuments, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, etc are located) via tram yesterday to see how the place looked like in the summer. It definitely had a different look - more greenery, more people, more skin ahah!



Look at the queue to enter Hagia Sophia in the summer - ngaaa memang give up beb! During winter aritu I think the longest was just 1/4 of that je kot.


Hagia Sophia was the only place that I wanted to visit again in this trip but unfortunately, I didn't have enough patience to queue that long, so instead I just walked around, snapped some pictures and did some people-watching (a lot of Chinese tourists this time around) while dehydrating myself on a bench, sambil bermandi peluh and membakar kulit huhu.

Adehhh, memang tak sempat nak putih again before balik Msia if camni =p

No comments: