Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Entering My Last Year of 20's

*** Warning: Corniness ahead ***

Last Sunday, 2 days before my birthday, while dear SRB was taking a shower after returning home from work, as usual, I set up the table for dinner and went to the kitchen to reheat the lauk-pauk. Then, as usual, I brought out the reheated lauk from the kitchen, saw that SRB's already seated, arranged the food on the table, pulled out my chair ready to sit down when ehhhh, apakah iniii??? A box and a card with my name on it on my seat??? I looked up and there he was, tersengih2 kambing, proud that he somehow still managed to surprise me. "Happy birthday in advance, dear!" he said, before urging me to quickly unwrap the gift.


And then the next day, swoooshhh he flew off to Iraq, leaving me all alone on this very day cissss! So yeah, that explained the in-advance gift.

But since today is not only the day I turn a year older, but also the day I start living the last year of my 20's, I'm gonna try to stop whining and be totally mature about having to spend this special day by myself and be 'zen' about this whole business of 'getting old' nyaaarrgghk! So today, I'm gonna shake off this feeling of doom & gloom and make myself feel better & hopefully healthier by sweating it out at the gym and maybe after that, treat myself to the delicious CPK's thin crust pizza (healthy laa sangat kan haha).

And oh, a very special shout out to dearest husband yang kini berada nun jauh di padang pasir - THANK YOU for the gift, dear (you know I love it), THANK YOU for the thoughtful sayings in the card and THANK YOU for everything else that you've given me, which sometimes, kinda makes me feel like every other day IS my birthday hehe.

Me love you long time, babe =)

No comments: