Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Don't sweat the small stuff

I was feeling kinda restless, a bit down and perhaps mentally & physically tired while browsing through the books in MPH, Subang Parade a few weeks back. I dunno...maybe this whole new world of house-renovating and apartment-renting has taken its toll on me and my pockets and I kept on wishing that I have more money to do a lot more things that we'd dreamed of *sigh*.

And I think that was why I was drawn to read this book.


Because I needed something to knock some sense into me, to remind myself again that I should be grateful for whatever I have right now. And not to sweat the small, trivial things in life. And yup, this book kinda did it. Now it's SRB's turn to read it. Come on babe, you can do it. Nipis je buku tu hehe.

"The humble improve."
- a quote from Wynton Marsalis, jazz musician, published
on the side of a cup of a Starbucks Double Tall Skim Latte.


2 comments:

rozanna- said...

i have the book too!! but with a slightly different cover. but u know la i ni beli dulu tapi tak baca lagi cos i ada waiting list berderet ni buku utk di baca...

SRS said...

Bacelaa nanti. It's kinda inspiring. And I heard that they gonna turn it into a movie gak and Tom Hanks is rumored to play Michael Gill hehe.